Hong Kong Program
Hong Kong may be small, at just 1,108 square kilometers, and densely populated, with 7.3 million people and growing, but only 25 percent of the region’s land area has been developed. With the remaining 75 percent preserved as country parks or protected areas, we must ensure that providing for people does not come at the expense of these lands.
The Nature Conservancy (TNC) in Hong Kong focuses on nature and its impact on quality of life for the territory’s primarily urban population–developing and growing support for the environment through our education program, and developing key estuary habitat restoration strategies to improve coastal resilience.
Empowering the Next Generation of Environmental Leaders in Hong Kong
Places We Protect
You might recognize the famous golden oysters and oyster sauce produced out of Lau Fau Shan. TNC is using these oyster for estuary protection and restoration.
Support Our Work
In Hong Kong and across Asia Pacific.