Personal Information Collection Statement
The Nature Conservancy (CR No.: F0008190) (“TNC”) takes your privacy very seriously. TNC is bound by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (“PDPO”) and other applicable laws protecting privacy, and would like to explain to you our policies relating to our collection and use of personal data.
Purpose of collecting personal data. TNC collects and uses your personal data:
- to process donations and other payments, and issue receipts to you;
- to communicate with you and assist with your queries;
- for direct marketing purposes to send you information, newsletters and other materials about TNC (including our current and future projects and campaigns) both in print and in electronic form (as discussed below);
- to promote our fundraising activities and events;
- for its general business operations and recordkeeping; and
- to the extent required by law.
If you choose not to provide certain personal data to TNC, TNC may not be able to provide you with the information or services you require. We regard the security of your personal data as a priority and implement a number of physical and electronic measures to protect it.
Types of personal data TNC collects. TNC collects the following types of personal data:
- Your personal contact information such as your name, telephone numbers, email address and mailing address;
- Your business information such as company name and business title;
- Your credit card and/or bank account information; and
- Your photographs and videos, if you provide them to us.
Transfer of personal data. TNC transfers your personal data to third parties, as follows:
- to vendors and suppliers that provide (i) fundraising services, including content, mailing, printing, telemarketing, donation and payment processing, data processing and other related services; and (ii) general business and administrative services in connection with TNC’s operations;
- to government or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- to other TNC subsidiaries and affiliates;
- where you have otherwise consented; and
- as otherwise required or authorised by law.
We also provide your personal data to organisations that may offer you discounts, benefits, products and/or services related to your support of TNC. In this regard, we will provide your personal contact information such as your name, address, phone numbers and/or email address to other non-profit non-governmental organizations as well as companies in the following lines of business: financial services, travel, telecommunications, hospitality, real estate, restaurants, clothing, luxury goods, , media, electronics, energy and water, natural resources development and management and agriculture, and we may receive compensation or other benefits in exchange. However, we will not provide your personal data to third parties as described above unless we receive your written consent to do so.
Please note that some of the persons to whom we disclose personal data are situated outside Hong Kong (in particular in the United States and other jurisdictions in which other TNC entities are based).
Direct marketing. As discussed above, TNC will use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, but for these purposes we will only use your personal contact information such as your name, address, phone numbers and/or email address and only upon receiving your consent to such use.
Access, correction and queries. You may at any time request a copy of your personal data or that your personal data are updated, corrected, or deleted by contacting our Privacy Officer. You may also contact our Privacy Officer if you have any other queries or complaints with respect to our privacy policies or practices. As permitted by the PDPO, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for complying with your data access request. When you request access, we may need to take measures to verify your identity. You may contact our Privacy Officer at:
The Nature Conservancy
Room 2107 – 2108 Prosperity Millennia Plaza
663 King’s Road
North Point, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3978-9700
Fax: (852) 3978-9799
TNC may modify this PICS from time to time and if it does so, any updated PICS will be available from TNC’s website at tnc.org.hk.